The Global Business Alliance is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented professional to support the planning and execution of our vast portfolio of in-person and virtual events.
Reporting to the Director, Events & Programs, the Senior Coordinator, Events & Programs will have a variety of event-related responsibilities:
- Support the Director, Events & Programs with the implementation of roundtables and dinners for senior executives in the U.S. and globally, major conferences and GBA’s annual dinner including selection of meals to accommodate dietary needs and coordination of BEOs.
- Understand and oversee the design of event materials, including annual calendar of events, marketing materials, graphics, agendas, evaluation forms and name tags
- Assist with internal and external communication on planned events • Manage full scope of set-up logistics for events on-site at the GBA office
- Operate within the parameters of event budgets
- Create and update internal dashboards, production timelines and post-event reports for all events
- Develop and regularly update a database of event venues and vendors in Washington, D.C. and other cities where GBA regularly hosts events
- Manage inventory of event supplies
- Provide back-up for GBA’s Associate, Events & Programs who executes GBA’s virtual events, including membership briefings, webinars, and roundtable discussions: Event creation in Cvent, Draft event marketing emails including invitations, follow-up outreach, pre-event reminders and post-event thank you emails, Track RSVPs and regularly provide reports to internal and external stakeholders, Manage logistics around guest speaker appearances including hosting dry-runs and Manage virtual event via WebEx
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years of experience in event management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate project needs, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment
- Team-player with high professionalism
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills
- Fantastic customer service ethic with high expectations for quality
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience using Cvent, Canva and PowerPoint
- Experience hosting or attending virtual meetings on the Cisco Webex platform
GBA is an Equal Opportunity employer and offers a range of competitive employee benefits, including medical, dental and vision plans; generous retirement savings and 401(k) matching programs; a subsidized transit benefits program; paid time off; paid parental leave; and family flex leave. GBA currently operates with a hybrid telecommuting and in-person work model.
The Global Business Alliance is the premier voice of international companies in the United States. Our members are international companies with major operations in the United States and an indispensable part of our nation’s economic success. Our mission is to actively promote and defend an open economy that welcomes international companies to invest in America.
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In the subject line, please state: “Senior Coordinator, Events & Programs."