Contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing office operations, including HR administration, bookkeeping, purchasing and information technology. The position directly reports to the EVP, Revenue & Member Engagement.
Office Management, Bookkeeping & Administration
- Oversees general office operations, property/facility management and safety of the work environment
- Manages aspects of bookkeeping, including accounts receivable, cash receipts, banking, accounts payable and cash disbursements using QuickBooks, Excel, Concur Expense and Bill.com
- Purchases kitchen & office supplies, furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
- Oversees the management of leases, contracts, insurances and other financial commitments not assigned to the controller/staff accountant/CFO
- Maintains inventory record of furniture and equipment
- Assists senior leadership in the preparation and adherence of the annual operating budget
- Acts as primary point of contact with outsourced IT consultants
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best technology upgrades and solutions to meet the organization's IT requirements and financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
- Reviews and maintains the organization’s operational and procedural documents, including Employee Handbook, Intern Policy, Accounting & Budgeting Policy & Procedures, and Employee & Director Ethics Statement, and emergency disaster plans
- Oversees workplace staffing by conducting recruitment efforts, drafting and placing advertisements, working with supervisors to screen and interview candidates, conducting reference and background checks, extending job offers, conducting new-employee orientations, conducting exit interviews
- Administers all HR-related functions, including maintaining up-to-date personnel files for employees, developing mid-year and year-end evaluation tools
- Administers the organization’s benefits program, including monitoring employee eligibility for benefits plans, reviewing benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes. Administers COBRA for group health plans upon employee separation
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example
Required: Bachelor’s degree and at least three (3) years relevant experience
$50,000 - $55,000 based on experience
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
To successfully perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Submit resume and cover letter to opportunities@GlobalBusiness.org. No phone calls, please.